2 the enclosure of something in a package or box [syn: boxing]
3 carrying something in a pack on the back; "the backpacking of oxygen is essential for astronauts" [syn: backpacking]
- Rhymes: -ækɪŋ
- present participle of pack
Packing may refer to:
- Meat packing industry, the process of cutting up a slaughtered animal into saleable products.
- Packing (firestopping), the process of installing backer materials, such as mineral wool in service penetrations
- Packing (phallus), the practice of wearing a phallic object inside the clothing to give the appearance of male genitals
- data compression, as in bit-packing in computers
Packing may also refer to:
- Moving company, a business that puts goods into boxes to protect them and to make them easier to carry while in transit
- Concealed carry in the United States the practice of carrying a weapon for self protection
- Packing gland, also known as a Stuffing box, a mechanical term for a sealing material between a shaft and a fixed hole through which it passes
- An autism therapy involving wrapping children in cold wet sheets.
packing in Japanese: 包装
air express, airfreight, airlift, allocation, asportation, assignment, bearing, bottling, boxing, bush, bushing, canning, carriage, carry, carrying, cartage, collocation, conveyance, crating, deployment, deposit, deposition, disposition, doubling, doublure, drayage, emplacement, encasement, expressage, facing, ferriage, filler, filling, freight, freightage, gasket, gland, haulage, hauling, inlay, inlayer, insole, interlineation, lading, lighterage, liner, lining, loading, localization, locating, location, lugging, package, packaging, padding, pinpointing, placement, placing, portage, porterage, positioning, posting, putting, railway express, reposition, shipment, shipping, situation, spotting, stationing, stopping, storage, stowage, stuffing, tampon, telpherage, tinning, toting, transport, transportation, transshipment, truckage, wadding, waft, waftage, wagonage, wainscot